MAD MEAT GENIUS

MAD MEAT GENIUS
Chilebrown at home

Saturday, February 23, 2008

RUB



I actually had a couple of requests for my Rub recipe. It is no secret I use ‘Wild Willy’s Number One-derful Rub’
recipe from “Smoke & Spice” (Cheryl and Bill Jamison).This is an all purpose rub that I use for Pork, Beef and Chicken. There is a secret that I will share with you. You need to use the freshest spices you can find. I am lucky to have access to several spice stores that sell in bulk. I go to
Milan International
990 University Avenue
(between 8th St & 9th St)
Berkeley, CA 94710
(510) 843-9600
They have every spice you could ever imagine. They also have a lot of Indian products that are very interesting and unusual to me. They have a high turnover of their products. That means that they have fresh spices. That is the key to this recipe. The ingredients are simple and easy to put together.

Wild Willy's Number One-derful Rub

3/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup black pepper (freshly ground, important)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup tablespoons coarse salt
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 teaspoons cayenne

Stir together. That’s it.

This rub has so many uses. It is great on Ribs, Chicken etc. I even use a tablespoon in my baked beans tomorrow it is going on a Boston Butt for pulled pork sandwiches. Oh Yeah!

1 comment:

cookiecrumb said...

Wow, I wouldn't have expected that much salt. I suppose it gets diluted by all the other stuff.
Thanks!